Skip to main content

Share on Twitter

UROLOGY INVESTIGATION SHORTLISTED FOR MAJOR INDUSTRY AWARD


Reporter one of four shortlisted for 'News Reporter of the Year'




Amy Fenton in this year’s O2 Media Awards North West list of finalists.

In a record breaking year more than 420 entries were received across the different categories.

“The O2s showcase excellence in news, sport, entertainment, social and community media and applaud the growth of creative industries in the North West. Whether it’s writers delivering grassroots journalism or programme makers winning national acclaim, the awards highlight the impact the media has on our communities,” said Nicola Green, Director of Corporate Affairs at O2.


This year’s presentation evening will be held at the AJ Bell Stadium in Salford, Manchester, on Thursday, November 7. BBC Breakfast’s Louise Minchin and Dave Massey, O2’s Senior Corporate Communications Manager, will host the evening.

Comments

Contact Amy

Name

Email *

Message *

Popular posts from this blog

TRUST BACKS CALLS FOR PUBLIC INQUIRY

New statement from UHMBT chief executive Aaron Cummins Aaron Cummins, Chief Executive of University Hospitals of Morecambe Bay NHS Foundation Trust (UHMBT) said: “I’m pleased that John Woodcock, MP, was able to meet with the Trust yesterday to discuss the concerns raised by a former employee, Consultant Urologist, Peter Duffy. “Peter has raised serious safety concerns in his book and, while we believe all the clinical cases we can identify from the book have been investigated, we want to further reassure ourselves and the public that this has taken place and the necessary action has been taken. “John has been very clear how he feels the Trust is viewed on this matter, appearing ‘closed’ and defensive’ with how we’ve responded to some media queries, particularly Freedom of Information Requests (FOI) and we respect that view. “We have attempted to answer all questions in a timely and honest way in accordance with any applicable regulations and we will now be publishing all...

One of the 'Urology Three' finally faces being struck off

It only took the authorities 19 years... In 2001 Kavinder Madhra started at the University Hospitals of Morecambe Bay NHS Foundation Trust. Within 12 months he had been issued a warning from the General Medical Council. It was blatantly obvious to his colleagues - four of whom have confirmed their opinion - that he was a 'rogue consultant' - someone who was putting patients at risk. He was sent off to Scotland - at the taxpayer's expense - to 'retrain' (while still being paid his salary) and returned to Cumbria a number of years later. He continued to make mistakes. Right up until September 2018 when the GMC/MPTS finally imposed restrictions on him (although you may question why the trust hadn't done something sooner). One former nurse told me how in theatre Mr Madhra would 'sprinkle' powder penicillin over a wound after performing surgery. I'll allow those who are medically trained to make up their own mind about such a practice. ...